New AREA Statement of Needs Tool Helps You Capture and Manage Requirements
The AREA Requirements Committee is pleased to announce the launch of an enterprise AR ecosystem first: the Enterprise Augmented Reality “Statements of Needs” requirements management tool.
Initially available to AREA members with a full launch to the wider ecosystem later this year, the tool, known as ASoN (AREA Statement of Needs), has been developed as a key aid to help fuel the growth of the Enterprise Augmented Reality ecosystem. It enables users and suppliers of AR technologies and solutions to collaborate on defining a set of requirements to satisfy the growing needs of industrial enterprises.
By providing a hierarchical, linked and tagged taxonomy of business processes, use cases, requirements, personas and value propositions that can be targeted to specified industries and solutions, ASoN aims to help the AR community to develop a set of contextualised and actionable requirements that support both enterprise users and suppliers of AR solutions.
The ASoN tool enables participants of the ecosystem to:
- Submit new and review existing content
- Tag content against relevant industries, industrial settings and other key terms
- Collaborate with others by commenting on requirements, etc.
- Subscribe to specific content items and be notified if there are discussions or changes
- Bulk load existing content (e.g., lists of existing requirements)
- Create links between items (e.g., between individual requirements needed to support a specific use case)
- Search, using rich query tools to, for example, find requirements within a field service setting in the automotive industry
- Generate comprehensive reports for subsequent re-use
Value to the Enterprise AR Community
ASoN helps enterprises streamline the research, planning and implementation of their AR strategies by providing ready-built actionable use cases and requirements which can accelerate the development of RFP/RFQ proposals and reduce the amount of “scouting” and development of their company needs.
Moreover, ASoN helps suppliers of AR technologies and solutions plan their development roadmaps by providing an industry-centric view of both what is needed and by whom.
The AREA, as a neutral resource, offers all of its members the opportunity to improve their businesses by harnessing this tool and its content.
Stuart Thurlby, CEO at Theorem Solutions, commented, “The AREA’s Statements of Needs management tool is an important enabler to drive the enterprise AR ecosystem forward. The AREA’s provision of a neutral repository in a structured and actionable format, based around the needs of the AR community, will likely become a first stop shop for companies using or developing enterprise AR solutions.”
Find out more:
- Please watch the ASoN introductory video
- Please read the ASoN usage overview guide
- Please visit the AREA ASoN tool
Find out more about The AREA Requirements Committee