The AREA Requirements Committee is pleased to announce the launch of the enterprise AR ecosystem first: The Enterprise Augmented Reality ‘Statements of Need’ requirements management tool.
The tool, known as ASoN (AREA Statement of Needs), has been developed as a key aid to help fuel the growth of the Enterprise Augmented Reality ecosystem by enabling users and suppliers of AR technologies and solutions to collaborate in order to define a set of needs (requirements) to satisfy the growing needs of industrial enterprises.
By providing a hierarchical, linked and tagged taxonomy of business processes, use cases, requirements, personas and value propositions that can be targeted to specified industries and solutions, ASoN aims to help the AR community to develop a set of contextualised and actionable requirements that support both enterprises users and suppliers of AR solutions.
The ASoN tool enables participants of the ecosystem to:
- Submit new and review existing content
- Tag content against relevant industries, industrial settings and other key terms
- Collaborate with others by commenting on requirements, etc.
- Subscribe to specific content items and be notified if there are discussions or changes
- Bulk load existing content (e.g. lists of existing requirements)
- Create links between items (e.g. between individual requirements needed to support specific use case)
- Search, using rich query tools, for example, find requirements within a field service setting in the automotive industry.
- Generate comprehensive reports for subsequent re-use
Example ASoN screenshots
Value to the Enterprise AR Community
- ASON helps enterprise streamline the research, planning and implementation of their AR strategy by providing ready-built actionable use cases and requirements which can accelerate the development of RFP/RFQ proposals and reduce the amount of ‘scouting’ and development of their company needs. Moreover, ASON helps suppliers of AR technologies and solutions plan their development roadmaps by providing an industry-centric view of both what is needed and by whom.
- The AREA, as a neutral provider, offers all members the opportunity to improve their business by harnessing this tool and its content.