AWE 2018 EU Recap – Day One from Munich
Emily Friedman has put together a great summary recap from the main stage at AWE (Augmented World Expo) in Munich Germany on October 18 2018. Augmented reality, virtual reality and extended reality were topics on the agenda including panel sessions.
Topics covered in the summary:
- Ori Inbar’s traditional State of XR keynote
- Mike Campbell of PTC priorities for achieving AR at scale in the enterprise (especially manufacturing and service where AR has the greatest value)
- Juergan Lumera of Bosch and Wolfgang Stelzle of RE’FEKT on their joint journey to take a platform for delivering information to service techs from prototype to global roll-out.
- XR-enabled training seemed to be a key area for large-scale industrial XR deployments
- Tim Merel, Digi-Capital research with AWE – keytakeaways
- Dr. Fadi Chehimi of IBM
- Object Theory’s Michael Hoffman
- M. Pell and Charlie Fink
- Kornelius Brunner and Andreas Haizmann of TeamViewer
Finally the panel conversations from the day were covered.
The full roundup article is well worth a read for quick takeaways from this hugely inspiring and successful event.