Round up of AREA Member BrainXChange's enterprise wear blog
BrainXChange Round Up: Smart Glasses, AR VR MR Head-Worn Devices
BrainXChange is an AREA member who you may know as the organisers of the EWTS events (see here for the next one). They also have a great Enterprise Wear blog which is worth keeping an eye on if you’re interested in new technology wearables for the enterprise.
In one of their November blogs the following topics are discussed:
- See the video, where Picavi’s Johanna Bellenberg talks about head-worn devices with the very people implementing the technology at Walmart, GE Transportation, Gensler, USPS, and FM Global
- AR/VR is helping the Postal Service meet the demands of a changing digital world
- Postal Service also using AR/VR for vehicle maintenance and to eliminate 50% of training time for new employees.
- Walmart is using VR at its training academies to simulate exceptional customer experience problems
- FM Global, a commercial property risk insurer that counts one out of every three Fortune 1000 companies as a customer, is using AR for remote engineering surveys of client facilities and VR as a selling tool.
- GE Transportation is using AR/VR to design and build kits of locomotive parts for operators, thinking through the presentation of these kits and how they align to manufacturing or service processes.
- From a plant layout perspective, VR is also incredibly useful for designing and planning operations.
- At Gensler, visualization technologies are impacting how architects design and develop structures of every kind. The architecture and design firm is also considering how these tools will impact the places it designs as those buildings and environments mature.
You can read BrainXChange’s member profile here.