Overview of event
The AR for Enterprise Alliance (AREA) is the only global membership-funded alliance helping to accelerate the adoption of Enterprise Augmented Reality (AR) by supporting the growth of a comprehensive ecosystem. We support innovative companies that invest in AR technology and who seek knowledge about the tools available, use cases, methods of implementation and return on investment.
This AREA Research Committee webinar will introduce two large research consortia that study and promote digital manufacturing and introduce the most important past and current projects that their members have conducted on AR in the factory.
Christine Perey – AREA Research Committee Chair
Chris Decubber – EFFRA
The European Factories of the Future Research Association (EFFRA) is a non-for-profit, industry-driven association promoting the development of new and innovative production technologies. It is the official representative of the private side in the ‘Factories of the Future’ public-private partnership.
Berardino Baratta –MxD
MxD (Manufacturing times Digital) encourages factories across the United States to deploy digital manufacturing and design technologies, so those factories can become more efficient and cost-competitive. It is one of the Manufacturing USA institutes which bring together industry, academia and federal partners within a growing network of advanced manufacturing institutes to increase U.S. manufacturing competitiveness and promote a robust and sustainable national manufacturing R&D infrastructure.
In this webinar, speakers will be sharing how their consortia approach and conduct AR research and the findings as they have compiled to date. Webinar participants will learn:
- How are these two digital manufacturing consortia designed, funded and operated?
- How can AREA members participate in and/or receive support for AR in manufacturing research projects?
- What are the most successful methods for studying AR in digital manufacturing?
- What projects have been conducted to date and what results have those projects produced?
- What is the status, with respect to exploring and implementation of AR, of the largest or leading consortia members?
Registration and Fees
There is no charge for this webinar.
Location and Travel
This is an online webinar. Please use the links provided to register.