Expert panel on Upskilling for Industry 4.0
An expert panel discusses how UK manufacturing can ensure it has the skills to make the most of Industry 4.0, on Engineer.co.uk.
A critical consideration for any company looking to go down the Industry 4.0 route is ensuring that it has the right skills to fully understand and exploit this rapidly evolving area of technology.
In this Q&A feature, Engineer.co.uk asked some of UK’s key Industry 4.0 stakeholders how the concept is changing UK manufacturing’s skills requirements and what measure employers can take to ensure that they have the right skills on board?
The panel comprised:
- Nikki Jones (NJ) Director of the University of Sheffield AMRC Training Centre.
- Donna Edwards (DE), Programme Director for the Made Smarter North West Pilot
- Brian Holliday (BH), Managing Director for Siemens Digital Factory
Questions answered by the panel include:
- How is Industry 4.0 shaping the manufacturing sector’s skills requirements?
- What is your organisation doing to address this skills gap?
- What impact are these measures having?
- What advice would you give to other organisations looking to build their in-house Industry 4.0 expertise?
To read their full responses see the original Q&A transcription.