The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) invites you to the AR in Leading-edge Utilities Conference and Exhibition. AR in Leading-edge Utilities (ARLU) is a two-day event focusing on the opportunities for impact and barriers facing introduction and widespread use of Augmented Reality (AR) assisted systems in the utilities industry.
Presentations, workshop sessions, and demonstrations provided by participating organizations will provide insight into best practices and highlight practical approaches for integrating AR-enhanced information visualization components into utilities industry processes and workflows.
- Acquire concrete and tactical information from experts about AR introduction and deployment strategies, risks, steps and solutions in electric utilities
- Participate in active and vendor-neutral discussion about
- Use cases for AR-assisted utility data visualization and interaction,
- Integration of AR with existing data and resource management systems,
- Hands-free information and assistance with smart glasses and wearable technology
- Safety, standards, and policies that will impact adoption of AR
- Engage in one-on-one conversation with leaders in the enterprise and industrial AR domain
- See live demonstrations of the industry’s most advanced products and solutions
Who Should Attend
Research directors will benefit by being able to evaluate if the EPRI program would be of use to them in their evaluation of Augmented and Virtual Reality. Anyone with Innovation, Emerging Tech, Technology Portfolio, R&D, Technology Evaluation, or CTO in the job title would benefit by seeing real world scenarios and get to ask their peers directly how their experience has been.
Any project manager would benefit by seeing what has worked and what hasn’t. Marketing groups within Utilities should see this as an opportunity to augment their brand.
Additionally, anyone working in compliance and adhering to government regulations is going to benefit by witnessing firsthand how the technology reduces error rates and reduces planning costs
Why Do AREA Members Attend this Event?
What is the latest and greatest in Augmented Reality research at EPRI? Attend our annual face to face for utility project members and anyone interested in discovering the value of this emergent technology offers for a myriad of applications. You will have a chance to review successes, lessons learned and bounce ideas off each other as our cohort continues to pioneer the way humans and computers interface to solve big problems spanning utility industries.
Registration and Fees
Program Funders Attendance Fee – $250.00
EPRI Members (Non-Funders) Attendance Fee – $400.00
Download from here
EPRI – Palo Alto
3420 Hillview Ave.
Palo Alto, California 94304
Access and Accommodations
Please see the Visiting Palo Alto Brochure for a list of hotels that are close to the EPRI facility and offer an EPRI rate. You must identify yourself as an EPRI attendee when making the reservation in order to receive this rate.
The EPRI Palo Alto office is located approximately 30-40 minutes from either San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or the San Jose International Airport (SJC). Shuttle, taxi and rental car services are available from the baggage claim areas in both airports.