Overview of event
The SAE AR/VR Symposium is a three-day conference and tradeshow about the introduction and integration of Virtual and Augmented Reality products into the design, development and manufacturing systems of organizations.
Many speakers representing the world’s largest automotive, commercial vehicle, aviation and naval engineering firms will share valuable insights that are applicable to these as well as other industries.
What Attendees Will Learn
At the conference, technical and business sessions will provide attendees with insights into:
- How to integrate AR and VR into the digital thread of an organization’s design, manufacturing and final assembly procedures
- How to show an economic value proposition for using AR and VR within a company’s advanced manufacturing systems
- Experiences, challenges, and solutions shared by experts using AR and VR in mobility and other industries
- The future outlook of AR and VR for the mobility industry
Why AREA Members Attend this Event
The AR/VR Symposium provides AREA members an opportunity to interact with representatives of the aviation, automotive, aerospace, rail, commercial vehicle and naval engineering industries. The delegates are highly qualified customers, end users and vendors serving these large and leading industries.
Call for Papers
SAE is currently accepting proposals for presentations until July 1, 2016. Prospective speakers are invited to submit abstracts of approximately 300 words on topics such as:
- Knowledge transfer via Augmented Reality
- Smart glasses and specifications for selecting a head-mounted display
- AR versus VR
- Content creation and delivery
- Sensory immersion
More information can be found here.
Registration and Fees
AREA members will receive a 15% registration discount to the conference.
Learn more about the SAE AR/VR Symposium program agenda, opportunities for exhibiting, advertising and sponsoring, and registration details here.
The meeting will be conducted at:
Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
4200 City Avenue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19131
Access and Accommodations
For information about travel to the conference, visit here.
The SAE AR/VR Symposium is produced by SAE Global LLC, an organization affiliated with SAE International. SAE International is a global association of more than 138,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial vehicle industries.
Comments or Questions?
See the event contact page for contact details relating to issues about registration, exhibition opportunities, customer service and others.