Overview of event
The Polish Central Institute for Labor Protection – National Research Institute (CIOP-PIB) conducts research and development leading to new technical and organizational solutions in the fields of labor protection, occupational safety, health and ergonomics.
Currently, the Laboratory of Optical Radiation within the Department of Safety Engineering is studying photobiological hazard and non-visual effects of light, including melatonin suppression and potential circadian rhythm disruption, caused by light emitted by VR and AR light sources. In addition, researchers are studying psychomotor approaches to assess the “user-friendliness” of AR devices.
During this webinar Mariusz Wiselka will present the project on which he is working at the CIOP Department of Safety Engineering and results obtained to date.
Attendees will learn:
- Methods and devices the team has developed to measure risks of UV radiation emitted from AR and VR devices displays (in visible spectrum) and how the light can effect melatonin production,
- Preliminary results of measurements on study subjects, and
- Plans for future research on user acceptance of AR displays.
- Christine Perey, PEREY Research & Consulting
- Mariusz Wiselka, PhD Candidate at Laboratory of Optical Radiation
Registration and Fees