Overview of event
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is an international industry consortium of 509 companies, government agencies and universities participating in a consensus process to develop publicly available interface standards. OGC® Standards support interoperable solutions that “geo-enable” the Web, wireless and location-based services and mainstream IT. The standards empower technology developers to make complex spatial information and services accessible and useful with all kinds of applications.
OGC® and OpenGIS® are registered trademarks of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). OGC is the brand name associated with the standards and documents produced by the OGC. OGC standards are developed in a unique consensus process supported by the OGC’s industry, government and academic members to enable geoprocessing technologies to interoperate, or “plug and play”. You will also find the OGC trademark associated with products that implement our standards and that have obtained the Certified OGC Compliant brand. Make sure that your geoprocessing and location services procurement and technology development programs demand OGC standards!
Why Do AREA Members Attend this Event?
Meeting of OGC members
Registration and Fees
On-line Registration is now open:
- In order to submit registration through security, early-bird registration will be cut off on 5 March. On-Site registration fees will be imposed on or after 5 March.
- OGC Members Must register through the My Account section of the OGC Member Portal
- Non-members and Guest may register directly through the OGC Storefront.
There are Meeting Fees associated with the OGC TC/PC Meetings. Based upon your organization’s OGC Membership Level, you will have at least one Complementary registration for each meeting.
There will be a Wednesday evening reception at the Restaurant 1881 – Museu d’Història de Catalunya. We will not be providing transportation as the metro line will be the best form of travel between the meeting facility and the restaurant via the L4 line Guinardó / Hospital de Sant Pau to Barceloneta, or driving via the map. The cost of the dinner reception is $65.00 per person.
The tentative agenda is now open. Chairs should submit their requests as soon as possible.
UAB – Casa Convalescència
Carrer de Sant Antoni Maria Claret 171
08041 Barcelona, Spain
The OGC Planning Committee meeting will be held on Friday 13 March at:
Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya
Access and Accommodations
Please feel free to use your favorite hotel search to book your accomodations (Hotels.com or Booking.com)
Here are a couple of hotels in the immediate area, for a limited time you can use the room block code of “OGC 2015” for the following hotels:
1. Hotel St.Pau **
C/ Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 173
Just in front of Casa Convalescència
2. Hotel Ayre Rosselló ****
C/ Rosselló, 390
3. Hotel Confortel Belart ****
How to get there
First you need to know that the venue is in one of the “lower” corners of the brick art nouveau Hospital Sant Pau complex.
Underground. There are two metro stations nearby. The first one is recommended:
- Blue line (L5) – SANT PAU – DOS DE MAIG station.
- Yellow line (L4) – GUINARDÓ – HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station.
- Lines: 15, 19, 20, 45, 47, 50, 51, 92 and 192.
For the GPS
- Latitude: 41.413702 (41° 24′ 49.33” N)
- Longitude: 2.177482 (2° 10′ 38.94” E)
From the airport
- Train + Underground: [Shuttle bus T1->T2 (free), if your flight lands on T1]. Goto to the RENFE station, take a train to Sants-Estació. Once there, take the Underground’s blue line (L5) till SANT PAU – DOS DE MAIG station.
- Bus + Underground. Outside the airport terminal, take the AEROBUS to Plaça Catalunya. Walk one corner till Plaça Urquinaona and take the Underground’s yellow line (L4) to GUINARDÓ – HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station.
Public transport ticket recommendation:
- Consider to buy a T10 one zone ticket for ~10EUR. This will give you 10 times access to the “integrated zone” that in practice means that you can get train, metro and bus. You can change transport during 1:30h with no extra cost. It is not a nominal ticket so if you are not traveling alone, you can validate it for as much people you need.
- If you buy a T10 in the Aeroport RENFE station machines, you can immediately use it to get to the city center for just 1EUR a person.
- AEROBUS is not included in the “integrated zone” and costs 6EUR a person.
Sponsors and Host