Overview of event
The ErgoX Symposium is a premier educational activity held the day prior to the HFES International Annual Meeting. ErgoX is a full-day, dual-track event on Monday, October 28, 2019 and will be held at the The Conference Center at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.
Our two educational tracks are Exoskeletons and Augmented Reality and ErgoX will:
- Provide an update on human factors, safety, and ergonomics research methods for exoskeletons
- Highlight standards and technology on exoskeletons
- Inform and educate stakeholders (designers, users, and researchers) about exoskeleton types, applications, and their potential to reduce injuries and increase human performance (productivity, quality, etc.).
Exoskeletons and Exosuits are wearable technologies designed to augment the human musculoskeletal system to improve physical performance. Their potential value extends across disciplines, and includes improving industrial worker capabilities and enhancing medical rehabilitation.
Augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real-world are “augmented” by computer-generated perceptual information, sometimes across multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory, haptic, somatosensory, and olfactory.
The ErgoX Symposium will bring together professionals from multiple segments to share their knowledge, experience, and goals:
- Designers and producers will showcase and demonstrate their products.
- Researchers from universities and government agencies will provide information on approaches to the design of human factors research on exoskeletons to appropriately assess fit, usability, safety, ergonomics, productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Users and workers with experience using exoskeletons in production environments will share their evaluation methods, expectations, and findings, both positive and negative.
For details on the programme and contents of both tracks please take a look here.
Registration and Fees
For details on how to register, check out the website.
Location and Travel
The Conference Center
Washington State Convention Center