Overview of event
The AR for Enterprise Alliance (AREA) is the only global membership-funded alliance helping to accelerate the adoption of Enterprise Augmented Reality (AR) by supporting the growth of a comprehensive ecosystem. We support innovative companies that invest in AR technology and who seek knowledge about the tools available, use cases, methods of implementation and return on investment.
All major Web browser vendors are currently collaborating in the W3C Immersive Web working group to develop a new specification for the Web. When ratified and adopted, the WebXR Device API and its extensions will enable delivery of AR experiences to any device running a standards-compliant browser. This public AREA Research Committee webinar will focus on the work of the W3C Immersive Web working group and what developers, AR project managers, technology vendors and end users can expect when AR experiences will run entirely within their Web browsers.
During this webinar, Ada Rose Cannon will explain the reasons Samsung, Microsoft, Google, Mozilla and others formed the W3C Immersive Web working group, how these companies collaborate on the new specification and the current status of its work. Following the presentation, there will be a discussion with experts.
The webinar will answer questions including:
– What is the W3C WebXR Device API and what were the motivations for members of the W3C Immersive Web working group to develop this specification now?
– Will there be Web browsers running on wearable AR displays, and if so, what role will they perform/serve?
– What will drive enterprises and developers to this new paradigm for AR and when will this change begin to happen?
– With the WebXR Device API, will experience authors/developers have a new/improved/streamlined workflow for AR experience preparation to delivery?
– When Web browsers are one of the environments in which AR experiences will be delivered, how will users find and use AR experiences differently than what is available today (with run time/stand alone apps)?
Speakers and panelists
- Ada Rose Cannon, Samsung
- Blair MacIntyre, GA Tech/Mozilla
- Lars Bergstrom, Mozilla
Registration and Fees
There is no charge for this webinar.
Location and Travel
This is an online webinar. Please use the links provided to register.