Overview of event
The AR for Enterprise Alliance is the only global member-driven organization dedicated to widespread adoption of interoperable AR-enabled enterprise systems. Whether you are getting started with enterprise Augmented Reality or are a widely recognized expert in the field, you can benefit from and contribute to this exciting field.
There are hundreds of ways that Augmented Reality can add value to the workplace. Regardless of the use case, every AR experience needs to be delivered to the user through a contextually aware hardware and software platform: a device.
Every enterprise AR project manager must confront questions pertaining to device choice. There are many factors to consider when choosing the best device for a project. They include factors outside the control of the customer:
- Suitability for hands-free work
At the same time, there are company-specific factors that influence the customers’ readiness to introduce Augmented Reality. Combining the process change management necessary for AR with introduction of an entirely new device can expand the long list of challenges to be overcome. Very new devices are also subject to a high rate of change, reducing the time period when they can be expected to remain in active use.
During this webinar, AREA members will describe how they approach (and work with their customers to ease) the device selection process. Webinar attendees will learn from experts how to approach important questions such as:
- What is the best process to use when selecting a device for enterprise AR?
- What are the options and tradeoffs the AR project manager must consider?
- How are enterprise AR project managers collaborating with experienced developers and providers of devices to work out their choices?
- Will it be possible or is it advisable to choose and have one corporate standard device for all the use cases in an enterprise?
- How will the early adopters’ experiences and lessons learned in the first phase of digital eyewear introduction apply to other projects and companies?
|Christine Perey, Executive Director of the AREA, presents a short overview about why device selection is important to the success of AR introduction projects.|
|Jim Donnelly, VP of Six15 Technologies, shares the modular approach his company uses to optimize the device for the customer’s needs.|
Rhonda Truitt, Global Director, Technical Communication Innovation and Best Practices Center, Huawei.
Thomas Perpère, Sales & Marketing Director, DIOTA
Matt Kammerait, Vice President – Innovation, DAQRI