How Could Businesses Take Advantage of Augmented Reality?
Last week, a research study by Insider Intelligence revealed that 83 million people in the US would use Augmented Reality in 2020, at least once a month. It has also been predicted that the compound annual growth rate for AR will be 177.4% from 2018 to 2023. The 2020 market size of AR is estimated to be approximately $19 million.
The business benefits of AR are discussed within the article, in the context of various business procedures. The following AR use cases are included:
- Education: AR applications could be used to bring historical events to life, enabling teachers to cover nuances of the subject that are challenging to explain verbally. In science class, AR could help to visualise complex human anatomy or a 3D galaxy on smartphone screens. This will increase engagement and interest, enhancing the learning experience.
- Business collaboration: AR allows professionals to remotely work together, and avoid hazardous working circumstances. Experts can view the final product and provide guidance to field technicians via remote support, enriching the working environment and even transcending time zones.
- Healthcare: Surgery, diagnosis, training, and practise can all be improved via AR. The technology avoids any patient bias in diagnosis, and allows doctors to locate the correct nerves for injections efficiently. Real-time holographs of human anatomy can be created using AR, increasing visualisation during surgery.
- Real estate: Bypassing disengaging text descriptions of properties, AR allows for a more interactive, 3D style of marketing. This enables potential tenants to view the property in greater detail, and can reduce selection time without compromising any of the features.
- Marketing: Surprising and delighting potential customers, AR gives companies the edge over competitors by providing a unique personalisation and interactive element.
The article concludes by stating that we are experiencing an exponential growth of Augmented Reality in enterprises. Rather than just gaming and entertainment, the technology offers expansive advantages in the sectors mentioned above.