Background And Achievements:
Hexagon’s strategy targets the rapidly widening gap between the enormous amounts of data being created and the world’s ability to harness it. For more than a decade, literally billions of ‘things’ — sensors and devices — are being connected to the internet. Our unique approach is to create value by freeing our customers to actually use all this data — to put it to work in new, world-changing ways.
The outcomes we seek:
At our very core is a powerful vision of a future where data is fully leveraged so that business, industry and humanity sustainably thrive. We believe in a world where economic growth does not come at the expense of the planet and its people, and that we should drive sustainability efforts in every aspect of our business.
Our goal is to empower our customers with the freedom to use data to its greatest potential — the freedom to innovate, the freedom to thrive, the freedom to ensure a sustainable planet for future generations.
Challenges For AR:
- Key challenges facing industry
- As the amount of data becomes increasingly vast, industries are under pressure to modernise processes to support the growing reliance on technology and digital platforms.
- The war for talent
- Companies must attract and retain top talent – especially in the technology, engineering and data analysis fields – and upskill their workforce to avoid large gaps in vital future skills.
- Customer expectations
- Industries must improve manufacturing processes, implement quality control measures, and invest in research and development to create better-quality products.
- From reducing emissions to conserving resources and using renewable energy sources, companies that fail to prioritise sustainability will face negative consumer sentiment and regulatory action.
- AR is obe of the componenents needed for rreeing industry from constraints with digital realities
- Digital transformation
- Digital realities provide opportunities to digitalise processes, workflows and operations – connecting workers across entire ecosystems.
- Data leverage
- Digital realities provide opportunities to further leverage data to create automated processes – driving insights with the help of AI, machine learning and robotics.
- Assuring quality, productivity and safety
- Digital realities enable any industry to design and maintain assets for improved quality, productivity and safety.
- Empowering sustainability
- Digital realities enable sustainable practices through fewer inputs, less waste and less pollution.