Overview of event
The annual AREA Workshop (this year co-located with OMG Technical Meeting) is an important annual deliverable for the AREA and is taking place evening of 25th – whole day of 26th March 2020, in Reston, VA, United States.
Our annual workshop is key for the AREA and its members in terms of providing value to all attending. Targeted content, a convenient venue, high calibre networking opportunities, live demo capabilities and quality research are all important elements with the overall drive to reducing barriers to AR adoption and experiences.
As we progress our planning for this key deliverable on the AREA calendar the agenda and topics will evolve. This year, we’ll also introduce a session on the hot topic of Interoperability / Standard Requirements Development.
Here’s an outline of what to expect:
- Join the AR Journey: an overview and introduction to AR
- AR uses cases, Interoperability and Standards: joint hands-on learning session with The AREA’s Researcher, Dr. Michael Rygol and AREA member, Dr. Bill Bernstein from NIST
- “AR human-centered design”: join us for an interactive working meeting in which you will apply human-centered design for successful AR deployments
- Security is Key: Overcoming the challenges of AR security
- An overview and deeper insight into the AREA Research Capability
- AR Safety issues facing organisations on the AR adoption journey
- Workforce Challenges posed by AR: A panel discussion chaired by AREA ED Mark Sage with a selection of expert panelists and influential decision-makers.
In addition, a selection of key-note presentations will be given by AREA members sponsors of this workshop:
Registration and Fees
Registration for this event is $150 pp for both the evening reception and all sessions on the 26th. Please find the registration form here. Once registered you will also be able to take advantage of special hotel discounts on rooms booked at the Hyatt Regency Reston hotel. This is for a limited time only.
If you require further details please get in touch with one of the team:
Event and Media Partnerships: Angela Lang
Executive Director: Mark Sage
Location and Travel
Hyatt Regency Reston
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA 20190