Global Smart Glass Market 2014-2021
The following is a summary of a report by DecisionDatabases.com, titled: “The Global Smart Glass Market Research Report – Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast”.
This provides the value chain analysis, market attractiveness analysis, and company share analysis along with key player’s complete profiles.
Information about Smartglass:
Also known as switchable glass, is a glass which can alter its light transmission properties on application of voltage, light or heat. These glasses are used in windows, skylights, doors, partitions and have extended their range in automotive industry, aircrafts and in marine applications.
The Smart Glasses Market is segmented on the basis of types as architectural, electronics, solar power generation and transportation, architectural segment being the major market segment.
According to this report the marketed is estimated to grow at a significant rate in the next few years. The major players that are driving this increase are to be in architectural and transportation sectors however the article states that energy efficient building technologies will also contribute to the growth.
Some key facts about this Market Report:
- Electronics segment is expected to be a prospective market owing to its innovations and research to produce highly advanced devices such as digital eyeglasses and screens.
- Certain aspects are preventing the growth of the global smart glass market
- Comparable cost with its substitutes and lack of awareness about its benefits are inhibiting the market growth.
- North America accounts the major share in the global smart glass.
- European market is expected to overtake the North American smart glass market in the forecast period. This will be resultant to the increasing demand for large size advanced windows in residential and commercial architectural structures.
- Further, market is distributed in regions of Latin America, Asia-Pacific Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Middle East & Africa.