As 2015 draws to a close, it’s the season for 2016 predictions. Once again, Augmented Reality features in many lists. It’s less common to find a list of predictions entirely focusing on Augmented Reality, such as that contributed by Epson’s Valerie Riffaud-Cangelosi and posted on the Information Age blog.
In summary Riffaud-Cangelosi predicts that:
- Many new and more mature wearable AR display devices will be introduced in 2016.
- Enterprise Augmented Reality will be prominently featured by many more companies.
- More independent software developers will be adding value as they understand best the needs of their enterprise customers.
- Wearable AR display devices will be purchased and integrated into a broader enterprise hardware and software portfolio.
- Businesses will begin to combine smart glasses with IoT systems, to make workers more productive and streamline their back-end operations.