Overview of event
Interested in understanding how you can improve worker performance and increase your company’s efficiency? Have you heard about Augmented Reality (AR) but would like to understand more? Are you investigating the feasibility of AR, starting to test the technology or, possibly, beginning to deploy AR? Your projects will be more successful and the learning curve lower with the support of experienced AR professionals.
The AR for Enterprise Alliance (AREA) is the only global, membership-funded, non-profit alliance dedicated to accelerating the adoption of enterprise Augmented Reality (AR) by supporting the growth of a comprehensive ecosystem. This year, we’ve joined forces with the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) to host our annual AREA Workshop dedicated to AR for Enterprise. Use this link to register for the 26 – 27 March workshop to be conducted in the AMRC’s state of the art, Factory 2050 facility in Sheffield, UK.
Along with keynote speakers from organisations who have implemented AR, interactive workshop sessions, networking and demos, you can mix and mingle with like-minded colleagues, develop new connections and get the low-down on what other organisations are doing in this exciting space.
In addition and to support this workshop, we’ll be hosting an online Webinar to help set the scene for attendees and give them a backdrop to the workshop sessions and a more in-depth look at AR for Enterprise. You can learn more about how the workshop can benefit you and your organisation. Attendance on this webinar is free.
We’re also very pleased to welcome our Gold sponsors on board:
- Theorem (with products and solutions to enable companies to leverage their CAD and PLM assets in other parts of their business, primarily in data sharing with downstream processes and suppliers, and in the emerging Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality sectors) and;
- PTC (with technology to help companies quickly unlock the value now being created at the convergence of the physical and digital worlds through the IoT, augmented reality, 3D printing, digital twin, and Industry 4.0.) are both sponsoring this workshop and will have a strong presence across the 2 days.
We look forward to seeing you at AMRC Factory 2050! If you have any queries, please reach out to me directly or get in touch with Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll kick off by looking at some of the basics of Augmented Reality (AR); where it can be used in business, how it can improve business by saving money or increasing revenues and looking more closely at the different AR technologies out there.
Workshop sessions over the 2 days will also allow participants to have the opportunity to discuss the benefits of AR and how to deploy and overcome the barriers to adoption.
An interactive format will allow you to engage with industry experts in the following areas:
- How to start the AR conversation in your organisation (and effectively influence stakeholders and users of the technology to harness the best results)
- Identifying requirements for enterprise AR
- Managing commonly encountered safety risks
- The security risks associated with AR-enabling technologies
- Managing change, stakeholders and staff challenges when introducing AR
- UX design and development for VR and AR apps
Registration and Fees
The cost is £50 per person for both days including lunch and all activities. Space is limited and already filling up so please register as soon as possible!
*Note: the registration link takes you to the University of Sheffield online store which the AREA is using for registration of this event as it’s co-located with the AMRC (part of Sheffield University).
Location and Travel
Sheffield Business Park
If you’re looking to stay overnight please take a look at the following list of recommended hotels.