Overview of event
Join AREA and DMDII at a workshop focused on the future of Augmented Reality (AR) in the industrial setting. The event will provide an opportunity for manufacturers and AR providers to openly discuss the unique challenges and applications of AR technology in an industrial setting and will feature a showcase of cutting-edge AR technology in addition to speakers, a panel discussion on change management led by AREA, and interactive sessions on AR safety led by Boeing and security led by Brainwave LLC.
Participants also will review and discuss the new “Augmented Reality Statements of Need” which can serve as blueprints for companies looking to make investments in this area. The current statements of needs have been adapted from the initial hardware and software functional requirements developed and presented at the 2017 AR Workshop by Lockheed Martin, Procter & Gamble, and Caterpillar, which was covered in Industry Week.
Reasons to attend
- Collaborate with peer leaders to identify and shape the needs of AR technologies for industrial uses at a one of-a-kind event that brings together AR users and providers to inform future technology development and drive greater AR adoption across the manufacturing sector
- Explore the latest advances in AR technology, network with cutting-edge providers, and learn about the future of AR at an event where over 90% of attendees indicated that the workshop changed or shaped the way they think about AR in their organization
- Develop in-depth insight on the current state of AR security and steps that your organization can take to address and enhance AR security to streamline integration efforts and maximize business impact potential
- Learn what it takes to implement AR technologies and successfully scale across a manufacturing organization
- Explore how AR solutions are creating new tools to enhance plant safety and understand the safety challenges which need to be addressed to unlock business impact
Who should attend?
The ideal workshop attendee is someone who champions AR within their organization or has expertise in manufacturing safety or cybersecurity. This workshop will also provide organizations that are considering investments in AR, consultants looking to advise clients on breakthrough technology, and manufacturing investors looking at AR as competitive advantage an opportunity to interact with various hardware and software providers and other manufacturers currently adopting the technology.
Day 1: Wednesday, February 7th
11:30 – 12:00 pm: Registration
12:00 – 12:30 pm: Welcome & Attendee Introductions
12:30 – 12:45 pm: Workshop Overview
12:45 – 1:15 pm: Keynote: State of the Industry
1:15 – 2:15 pm: Review & Discuss Revised AR Statements of Need
2:15 – 2:30 pm: BREAK
2:30 – 4:15 pm: Review & Discuss Revised AR Statements of Need (Continued)
4:15 – 4:30 pm: Overview of Technology Showcase and Day 2
4:30 – 7:00 pm: Technology Showcase & Networking Reception
Day 2: Thursday, February 8th
7-30 – 8:00 am: Registration
8:00 – 8:15 am: Overview & Objectives for the Day
8:15 – 9:00 am: Future Technology: Solutions to Come – Lars Bergstorm, Mozilla
9:15 – 11:15 am: Breakout Session 1 (Safety or Security Breakout Session)
11:15 – 12:15 pm: Change Management Panel Discussion
12:15 – 1:15 pm: NETWORKING LUNCH
1:15 – 3:15 pm: Breakout Session 2 (Safety or Security Breakout Session)
3:15 – 3:30 pm: Closing Remarks
Registration and Fees
Fees for this event are:
- $50 for DMDII & AREA members
- $250 for non-members
- $100 for exhibitors.
For additional information or to register for this event, please complete this form. Registration deadline is February 2, 2018.